Top Celebrity Dogs
Celebrities are everywhere we look these days, on the TV, in the papers and in magazines. But many of them don't go anywhere without their trusty four legged friends. We decided to have a look into the most famous celebrity dogs and who their owners are. Enjoy!
1. The top celeb dog has to be owned by President Obama. “Bo” is a Portuguese Water Dog and was a present from Senator Ted Kennedy in April 2009. Barack Obama’s eldest daughter Malia has allergies and so Bo was specially chosen due to his non–allergenic coat. Bo has been featured in 4 children’s books and is worth $1,600.
2. The Queen’s Corgis. King George VI first bought the queen her royal corgis Dookie and Jane in 1933. Since then she has owned over 30 of them and has also bred many too. Elizabeth was given Susan when she was 18 and she proceeded to breed litters from her. The Queen now owns four Corgis named Holly, Monty, Willow and Linnet.
3. Paris Hilton has a Teacup Chihuahua named Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell has appeared in all 5 series of her reality show “The Simple Life”. When Paris’ house was burgled her dog went missing for 6 days and a $5000 reward was offered for her safe return.
4. Jessica Simpson has a Maltese Poodle named Daisy (it is generally assumed the dog was named after her character in the Dukes of Hazard movie). Daisy was a gift from her ex-husband Nick Lachley. Unfortunately, in 2009 Daisy was snatched by a coyote in L.A.
5. Jessica Alba has 2 dogs called Sid and Nancy. Both dogs are pugs and she even hired a special designer to create a room for her dogs that contained a synthetic lawn. Jessica also has an American Bulldog named Bowie (after David).
6. Oprah Winfrey owned a cocker spaniel called Sophie to whom she was very close to. When Sophie died in 2008, Oprah paid an emotional tribute to her dog on her website stating that the dog was “her true love”. She has since bought herself 2 Springer Spaniels named Sunny and Lauren.
7. Jonathon Ross is our second UK entry to this list, with his famous dog Mr Pickles. The famous pug was adored by Jonathon and pictures of him were often posted on Twitter. Sadly My Pickles died when on a train in Moscow on the way to film a new TV series which was consequently cancelled.
8. Britney Spears’ little pooch Bit Bit rocketed to fame after being spotted wearing a $100,000 diamond encrusted collar. In 2007 Britney had a very public break down where it was heard she even allowed Bit Bit to leave a deposit on a $6,700 dress by Zac Posen while at a photo shoot.
9. Rihanna and DJ. DJ is a poodle hybrid, a mixture of a Maltese and a poodle. When he was a puppy in 2007, she was snapped on a swanky dinner date at Da Silvano’s in New York which just her pooch for company.
10. Elton John has a cocker spaniel named Arthur. He was the most important guest at David and Elton’s civil-partnership ceremony due to the fact that the posh venue the ceremony was being held at forbid pets. Elton and David decided that the best way around this problem would be to make Arthur best man so he had to be allowed at the ceremony.