Top 10 Struggles Only Dog Owners Understand
We dog owners have to get used to certain scenarios. Owning a dog brings a few challenges that dog owners have to deal with. If you have a perfectly behaved dog you may want to ignore this blog post.
However, most dogs aren’t perfect and even if they are pretty well behaved they might have slip ups every once in a while. There are also some things that dog owners in particular just find hard. Here are 10 struggles only dog owners will understand.
- Trying to get your dog to walk nicely on a lead
Of all the things you need to train your dog to do, loose lead walking probably takes the most patience. It can take quite a long time to get your dog to walk nicely on a lead.
- Looking like your dog is walking you rather than the other way around
So if you constantly fail to get your dog not to pull on the lead the chances are your dog will end up taking you for a walk, rather than the other way around. Other dog owners stare at you and it feels like they are judging you, which doesn’t help.
- Trying to get rid of the smell of fox poo
All dog owners will agree the smell of fox poo is absolutely horrendous. Trying to get rid of the smell of fox poo is practically impossible. Try invest in a dog deodorant or fox poo shampoo.
- When your dog won’t stop barking
Those days when your dog just seems to bark at everything. It’s enough to give you a migraine. It tests your patience, but you still adore them anyway.
- When your dog refuses to come home from the dog park
Your dog completely ignores you in front of everyone in the park because they know it’s home time and they want to stay. You spend half an hour trying to catch them.
- Constantly having dog hair everywhere
Dog hair gets everywhere, in your car, all over your home and on your clothes.
- Meeting a cat person and not being able to make conversation with them
It’s so awkward when you are chatting to someone and then you realise they are a cat person. Suddenly you have nothing in common.
- When you come home and your dog has been through the bins and there’s mess everywhere
It is very annoying when you come home and there is rubbish all over your kitchen. It’s also worrying if your dog has eaten the contents of the bins, because they will most likely be ill.
- Leaving your dog behind when you go on holiday is heartbreaking
Somehow, as soon as you start packing they just know. They know what is going to happen and they make you feel guilty by staring at you with the most heartbreaking puppy dog eyes.
- Picking up dog poop. Enough said.
It’s gross but it has to be done.