Is Your Cat the Nation’s Most Fabulous Feline?
Cats Protection has launched its annual National Cat Awards. This competition is open to all cats across the country and celebrates the contribution that they make to people’s lives. Now in their ninth year, the awards highlight fabulous stories of loyalty and heroism. If your moggie deserves special recognition you have until 31 March to nominate them for an award.
There are five categories for the National Cat Awards:
- Hero Cat which is for pets who have saved someone from disaster. Entries will be judged on whether the cat has performed an act or acts which have impacted a person’s welfare, saving them from injury, illness or death.
- Most Caring Cat which is for Cats which have helped a person tackle issues with their health and well-being. Here the nature of the person’s health will be assessed as will the support provided by the cat which must be quantifiable.
- Furr-Ever-Friends is for moggies which have built special relationships with children. Entries will be judged on the degree to which the cat has enhanced a child’s life and improved their ability to cope with their challenges.
- Outstanding Rescue Cat is to provide recognition for the finest felines which have been adopted from charitable institutions. Cats will be judged on whether they have demonstrated any of the assistance covered in the Hero Cat, Most Caring Cat and Furr-Ever-Friends categories.
- Purina® Better Together which celebrates the special bond between felines and humans. Here the relationship between the cat and the human will be assessed along with the positive contribution that the moggie has made to the person’s life.
The winner of each of these categories will then be in with a chance of winning the title National Cat of the Year. Last year’s winner was Tink was a heroine because she woke her owner and raised the alarm as the family house was being engulfed in fire.
The awards are a wonderful way to pay tribute to the joy that cats bring to their owners and how they enhance people’s lives. Cats are a great source of emotional support to their owners and can be crucial to the well-being of lonely and vulnerable people. Cats have helped their owners when fire has broken out, when their home has been burgled and when they have suffered health emergencies.
The winning felines will be announced at an awards ceremony at London’s Savoy Hotel on Thursday 3 August. Each of the wonderful cats will receive a trophy, a three-month supply of Purina® cat food, a year’s subscription to Cats Protection’s The Cat magazine and a voucher for those all-important feline goodies! Celebrity judges will help choose the winners and present the awards.
If your cat or a cat you know has done anything special or meaningful you should certainly nominate them for an award. Not only do fabulous felines deserve recognition, their stories bring great pleasure to animal lovers around the country and could encourage families to adopt a new pet.
To enter you can visit www.cats.org.uk/national-cat-awards. For further information about the awards email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03000 12 12 12.