How To Make A Christmas Cracker For Your Dog
Want to surprise your pooch with an extra special present this Christmas? Get them their very own Christmas cracker. If you can’t be bothered to make your own cracker then buy them a squeaky toy cracker that they can play with.
However, if you have a bit of free time on your hands, then consider making your own. Making a Christmas cracker for your dog is pretty simple, and you can use bits you have around your home (providing you do not let your dog eat the cracker).
What you need
- Toilet roll tubes
- Newspaper or coloured tissue paper
- Dog treats
- Wrap the toilet roll in the paper. If you want to make a larger cracker, use two rolls and tape them together.
- Put some tasty treats inside. These Nature’s Menu Mini dog treats would fit well inside a cracker.
- Twist the paper at each end and tie with ribbon.
- Give the cracker to your dog under supervision, and make sure they eat the treats inside rather than the cracker.
- For extra fun, spoil your dog by making a few crackers, but be sure to use healthy treats.
*** Please note, do not let your dog eat or chew the Christmas cracker. If there is any chance they will swallow the paper or toilet roll, open it for your dog and give them the treats inside or buy them a dog friendly toy cracker instead. This is not suitable for young puppies. We cannot accept responsibility for the crackers you make at home. This method was inspired by Ammo The Dachshund.